Re: Memory usage per session

От AMatveev@bitec.ru
Тема Re: Memory usage per session
Дата
Re: Memory usage per session  (Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi

> Do you have 100 CPUs on this system which apparently doesn't have 16G
> of RAM available for PG to use?
We can say at fact:
We currently  work at oracle.
Our code base about 4000 k line of code
In out last project we have:
3000 current connection
200 active session
So 16g it's very optimistic.
Of course  we think about buy hardware or software.
It's other question.
So with this memory consumption it can be really cheaper to by Oracle.
> If not, you should probably consider connection pooling to reduce the
> number of PG sessions to something approaching the number of CPUs/cores
> you have in the system.
It's  possible only  with  application  server,
for local network thick client has reasonable advantages.
 We just can't implement today all functions on thin client.