Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison

От Michael Widenius
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

The> Well, let's start with the fact that, as far as I'm aware, the benchmark
The> uses the 'latest and greatest' version of MySQL (as it should), but
The> doesn't take the time to upgrade the other databases?  Last I checked,
The> they were still using PostgreSQL v6.4.2, which has been dead for almost a
The> year now?  By not updating that one thing, its easy to show how bad
The> PostgreSQL is in comparision...hell, *we* think PostgreSQL v6.4.2 is bad,
The> that's why we don't run it...

Before posting to the MySQL mailing list, please check the MySQL
web pages that your information is up to date.

We updated the benchmarks to use PostgreSQL 6.5 a while ago.  It seams
that the biggest improvement (speed vice) they have made is to improve
the vacum times.  MySQL is still a lot faster for most things.

We did in the newest test-suite add some cases, that has been up on the
MySQL mailing list, where MySQL is not that good, just to check how
other databases can handle these kind of queries...

(It's a pity that postgreSQL doesn't handle LEFT JOIN...  I would
really like to compare our new left-join optimization...)

Regards,
Monty