Re: [SUGGESTION] CVSync

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SUGGESTION] CVSync
Дата
Re: [SUGGESTION] CVSync  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
Re: [SUGGESTION] CVSync  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> I agree that investigating alternatives would be a good idea: AFAIK
> there's no easy way to build cvsup on Linux/AMD64 (without patches and
> more pain than I'm willing to endure), so I use cvsup on one machine and
> then periodically rsync a copy of that to my main (AMD64) machine.

Actually, the last time I looked seriously at cvsup, my requirement was
that it build on HPUX, which it did not (well, maybe it would've with
sufficient investment of pain, but that wasn't happening).  I was about
to take another look at whether I couldn't just-install-it on FC4, but
my main FC4 machine is now x86_64, so your remarks are discouraging me
again :-(

This whole discussion reminds me why we've stuck so fervently to
bog-standard ANSI C for Postgres.  There is a payoff for taking
portability seriously.  Too bad the original authors of cvsup were more
interested in using a flavor-of-the-month programming language...