Re: unlogged tables

От dgabriel
Тема Re: unlogged tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
David G Johnston wrote
> Well, that is half right anyway.  UNLOGGED tables obey checkpoints just
> like any other table.  The missing feature is an option to leaved restored
> the last checkpoint.  Instead, not knowing whether there were changes
> since the last checkpoint, the system truncated the relation.
>
> What use case is there for a behavior that the last checkpoint data is
> left on the relation upon restarting - not knowing whether it was possible
> the other data could have been written subsequent?

If is possible to restore the table at last checkpoint state that will be
more than enough. I don't care about the changes since last checkpoint, I am
willing to lose those changes.  There are use cases where is acceptable to
lose some data, for example in a cache system, it is not a big issue if we
lose some cached data.