Re: [GENERAL] sequences: cache_value, log_cnt, is_cycled columns

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] sequences: cache_value, log_cnt, is_cycled columns
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
CSN <cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com> writes:
> I was just wondering, what are the "cache_value",
> "long_cnt", and "is_cycled" sequence columns used for?

cache_value: CACHE parameter from CREATE SEQUENCE
is_cycled: CYCLE parameter from CREATE SEQUENCE
log_cnt: internal use (number of values available without writing
     another WAL log entry, I think)

Docs folk: is it useful to document the columns of sequence objects,
or should we consider them all internal info?  If they should be
documented, where?  I'm kind of inclined to make an entry in the "system
catalogs" chapter, but I dunno what to title it ...