Re: BUG #1061: message type 0x49 arrived from server while idle

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #1061: message type 0x49 arrived from server while idle
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> writes:

Hm.  This would seem to have something to do with issuing empty queries
(message type 0x49 = 'I' is EmptyQueryResponse).  I couldn't duplicate the
problem in some simple tests, however.  Unless you can come up with more
information, there's not a lot I can do ...

> The PGSQL version on Solaris is 7.3.3, but that shouldn't matter?

No, that's *extremely* relevant, because it means the wire protocol is
going to be 2.0 not 3.0.  I couldn't get anything funny to happen by
issuing empty queries with a 7.3 libpq and a 7.4 server, though.