Re: REINDEX INDEX results in a crash for an index of pg_class since 9.6

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: REINDEX INDEX results in a crash for an index of pg_class since 9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> It also seems quite odd that it doesn't fail every time; surely it's
> not conditional whether we'll try to insert a new pg_class tuple or not?
> We need to understand that, too.

Oh!  One gets you ten it "works" as long as the pg_class update is a
HOT update, so that we don't actually end up touching the indexes.
This explains why the crash is less likely to happen in a database
where one's done some work (and, probably, created some dead space in
pg_class).  On the other hand, it doesn't quite fit the observation
that a VACUUM FULL masked the problem ... wouldn't that have ended up
with densely packed pg_class?  Maybe not, if it rebuilt everything
else after pg_class...

Сообщение: Re: REINDEX INDEX results in a crash for an index of pg_class since 9.6
Сообщение: Re: REINDEX INDEX results in a crash for an index of pg_class since9.6