Re: [HACKERS] Crisp text editor [definitely OT]

От Daniel Lundin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Crisp text editor [definitely OT]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:> It was easy to compile, and install, just a pain to change anything on> it.  I just couldn't
understandhow to do it at all.  When I asked on> IRC, someone said change Xresources to change the background color.
It>is a pain to make color changes in Xresources to make all the colors> look good together.  It just seemed obvious
thingsyou would want to> configure in an editor were not there, like tab size.

I believe the guys at #emacs mislead you somewhat on this one.
You don't have to escape to the cruel world of resources to change
colors or faces in emacs.

The proper/simplest way of configuring customizable options in (X)emacs is through
M-x customize , and for faces (fonts used in various contexts) you use
M-x customize-face .

To change the background color for all faces, change the background
for the face 'Default'.

This will present you with a browsable user interface to all the
tweakable knobs in your emacs system.

As a new citizen of emacs it might seem overwhelming with the
possibilities of customization and applications available, but after passing the
initial treshold of learning the basics you're almost certain to find
it a rewarding environment to work in.

Yes, I'm probably very biased on the subject, but I urge you to give
it a real try.

/Daniel

PS.
Looking at the screenshots from the (unfree) Crisp editor, it seems to
offer the same file/class browsing capabilities as speedbar in emacs.  http://www.umc.se/~daniel/tmp/screen2.gif

If you want example configurations or have any questions about
working in emacs just ask.
.DS

--
           \/ http://www.umc.se/~daniel/