Re: object description for FDW user mappings

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: object description for FDW user mappings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane-2 wrote
> Amit Langote <

> Langote_Amit_f8@.co

> > writes:
>> By the way, in this case, is "foo" the name/id of a local user or does it
>> really refer to some "foo on the remote server"?
>
> It's the name of a local user.  I see your point that somebody might
> misread this as suggesting that it's a remote username, but not sure
> that there's anything great we can do here to disambiguate that.

Yeah, clarifying that point seems to add verbosity for little gain.

On the message aspect is it against style to use composite notation in a
case like this?

"user mapping (%s, %s)"

It is basically a single, if compound, noun so adding in/at/to doesn't feel
right...

David J.