Re: psqlODBC hangs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psqlODBC hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Peter Kelly <Peter.Kelly@aepona.com> writes:
> I'm having problems getting psqlODBC to work on HP-UX 11.11.
> Whenever I try to start my client, it hangs while connecting to the DB.
> The client and DB are both running on the same machine.
> I've downloaded and installed a precompiled version of Postgresql 7.4.2 from
> http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo.pl?productNumber=HPUXIEXP1111
> without any problems and can use psql to query the DB without problems.

psql will by default connect via a Unix socket, whereas the ODBC code
is evidently set up to connect via TCP/IP.  I bet if you try
"psql -h 10.10.29.11 ..." it will block too.

It could be a problem with your pg_hba.conf entry for local TCP
connections, but usually mistakes there don't result in a complete
hang.  I'm wondering whether kernel-level packet filtering is preventing
the connection request from going through.  If you've got any sort of
software firewall setup, check its rules.

Сообщение: Re: Non-Proprietary ODBC Examples on Win32?
Сообщение: Re: Non-Proprietary ODBC Examples on Win32?