Re: pg_database encoding again

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_database encoding again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What is the encoding of the database names in the pg_database table?  As far
> as I can tell, each row is saved in the encoding of the database from which
> it is created?

That sounds about right.  If you're using databases of different
encodings in the same installation, it would probably be wise to
restrict yourself to the intersection of those encodings when choosing
database names.

I agree that this isn't ideal, but I don't see any way to improve it.
If you like, we could put in code to *enforce* a restriction to 7-bit
ASCII in database names (and user and group names too) ... but that
doesn't seem like a big improvement.