Triggers on foreign Postgres 9.3 tables in Postgres 9.4

От MattF
Тема Triggers on foreign Postgres 9.3 tables in Postgres 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
My company has a data warehouse, currently running on Postgres 9.3, as well
as the production servers also running on Postgres 9.3. We have connections
to foreign tables from the warehouse, however I've noticed that implementing
triggers on foreign tables is not supported in Postgres 9.3, and is a new
feature in Postgres 9.4.

I've talked to the admin here and he said that upgrading to Postgres 9.4 is
possible, however the only risk is for us on the warehouse side is that it
is entirely possible that while the warehouse servers will be Postgres 9.4,
the production servers will remain Postgres 9.3. I haven't found a good way
to phrase this in googling it, but will I still be able to have triggers on
the foreign 9.3 tables from our 9.4 warehouse?

If this question makes no sense, please let me know and I will try to reword
it.