[postgresql 9.3.5] autovacuums stuck on non-existent pg_toast tables

От tpham
Тема [postgresql 9.3.5] autovacuums stuck on non-existent pg_toast tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi everyone,

Two weeks ago, one of our Postgres databases crashed violently and had to be
brought up again. This certainly resulted in some lost pg_clog files, and we
had to zero-fill them in one by one to get autovacuum up and running again.

Now, we have two autovacuuming processes constantly stuck at two pg_toast
tables that are nonexistent:

autovacuum: VACUUM pg_toast.pg_toast_455742374 (runs up to twelve hours with
no progress)

# select 455742374::regclass;
 regclass
-----------
 455742374
(1 row)

whereas normally for a pg_toast table we should have something like

# select 1371237940::regclass;
                    regclass
 performance_report_parallel.campaigns_summary_p
(1 row)

The result is that we are down to just one autovacuum worker, which is
evidently not enough to help our database oiled and running. :"(

Our autovacuum paramters are all using default values.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!