Revoking access for pg_catalog schema objects

От Saimon
Тема Revoking access for pg_catalog schema objects
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi
I want to restrict access for some user for tables and views in pg_catalog
schema.

After the following command in psql:
REVOKE ALL ON SCHEMA pg_catalog FROM PUBLIC;

Access, for example, for table pg_proc was restricted:
SELECT * from pg_catalog.pg_proc;
> ERROR:  permission denied for schema pg_catalog

So, it seems that the goal is reached.

But if I run command:
SELECT * from pg_proc;

I receive data from table pg_catalog.pg_proc. I don't know how to explain
this result.

And if I also explicitly revoke access for this table using
REVOKE ALL ON pg_catalog.pg_proc FROM PUBLIC;

Both SELECT queries, with and without schema specifying, will fail.

So, why tables and views are still available after revoking all privileges
from containing system schema?
Is it ok according to the documentation?