Re: New hardware thoughts

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: New hardware thoughts
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Oct 20, 2006, at 10:58 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:

> My advice is to find another supplier. check the archives for Dell.

Not necessarily bad to go with Dell.  There are *some* of their
controllers that are wicked fast in some configurations.  However,
finding which ones are fast is very tricky unless you buy + return
the box you want to test :-)

> Basically you have no idea what the Perc controller is since it is
> whatever Dell decides to ship that day.

FUD!!!

They don't randomly change the controllers under the same name.  If
you order a PERC4e/Si controller you will get the same controller
every time.  This particular controller (found in their PE1850) is
incredibly fast, sustaining over 80Mb/sec writes to a mirror.  I
measured that during a DB mirror using slony.

Вложения