Win: pg_ctl register, log parameter vanishes and stop parameters?

От Ephebopus
Тема Win: pg_ctl register, log parameter vanishes and stop parameters?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi all,

Have a Win 2008 64 R2 server with postgresql 9.1 installed.

Tried to register pg_ctl as a Win service with its "register" parameter:

'pg_ctl register -N postg -D "<path_to_pgdata_dir>" -l <path_to_log_file>
--silent -w -o "-p 54321 -i" -m fast'

Now the "postg" service is visible in Windows service manager and under
"Path to executable" is 'pg_ctl.exe runservice -N "postg" -D
"<path_to_pgdata_dir>" -w -s -o "-p 54321 -i"'

The service starts alright but the log specified is ignored and as to how it
stops..well, the default is "smart", not "fast", so I assume that's what it
does?

Would one normally add stop parameters to a Win service someplace else
perhaps, and somewhere specific for Postgresql? The log parameter is used if
the db server is started via the cli with the above parameters but doesn't
appear in the Win service properties and isn't used in effect.

There are permissions restrictions in effect on this machine which may be
the reason for unexpected results, if that's what these are, I suppose.
Chances are I've merely not understood PostgreSQL and/or Windows services
though :)