Re: Partioning with overlapping and non overlapping constraints

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: Partioning with overlapping and non overlapping constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tim Uckun wrote
> 1. Should I be worried about having possibly hundreds of thousands of
> shards.

IIRC, yes.

> 2. Is PG smart enough to handle overlapping constraints on table and limit
> it's querying to only those tables that have the correct time constraint.

Probably yes, but seems easy enough to verify.

All constraints are checked for each partiton and if any return false the
entire partiton will be excluded; which means multiple partitions can be
included.

Note, this is large reason why #1 poses a problem.

David J.