Re: Problem with 64-bit Postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with 64-bit Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Peter Alberer" <peter.alberer@wu-wien.ac.at> writes:
> The system is a p5-510 running redhat advanced server 4.0 update 1. the
> kernel version is 2.6.9-11.EL. what other details about the machine could be
> helpful?

Well, it works perfectly fine for me on a ppc64 RHEL machine at Red Hat...

I'm a bit suspicious of your method of getting a 64-bit build by
manually altering the compile/link flags.  I believe the recommended
way of switching 32/64 environment is via setarch.  I did

    ppc64 sh
    ... configure and build within sub-shell ...

and got a working 64-bit executable without doing any special pushups.