Re: [DOCS] how do I suggest a small docs change?

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: [DOCS] how do I suggest a small docs change?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
J Connolly wrote
> Hi, just wondering how to suggest a small change to the docs. On a related
> note, if the source was on github it would be easier for people like me to
> suggest a change.

Just post your thoughts to -docs.  The harder part of doc changes is SGML,
not the fact the Git repo is not on GitHub.

> Here's the suggested change:
> The tutorial at (
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/tutorial-transactions.html)
> should use integers (i.e. cents) when dealing with currency. Tangential to
> the point of that page, but important given that it's a page targeted at
> beginners.

That example uses the numeric type for currency; which is considerably less
convoluted then forcing everything to have hundredths resolution and
multiplication if you want to show the nominal unit (e.g. dollars).

David J.