Re: CREATE ROLE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CREATE ROLE
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Russell Denney <r_denney@verizon.net> writes:
> Logged in as postgres, I created a role as Superuser. psql returned
> CREATE ROLE.
> When I enter \du it lists the new role, however, createdb and
> createrole are listed as "no". I thought superusers bypassed all
> permissions?

Those flags are stored independently, but the bottom line is that a
superuser has all permissions anyway.  In other words, if it says either
superuser or createdb, you can create a database, etc.

> When I \q, psql returns "could not save history to file "/Users/
> postgres/.psql_history": Invalid argument".

This is fixed in 8.2, but in 8.1 you can just ignore it --- it's a
Mac-specific discrepancy in what a library function returns :-(