Re: [HACKERS] Progress report: buffer refcount bugs and SQL functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Progress report: buffer refcount bugs and SQL functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas.zeugswetter@telecom.at> writes:
> That is what I use it for. I have never used it with a
> returns setof function, but reading the comments in the regression test,
> -- mike needs advil and peet's coffee,
> -- joe and sally need hightops, and
> -- everyone else is fine.
> it looks like the results you expected are correct, and currently the
> wrong result is given.

Yes, I have concluded the same (and partially fixed it, per my previous
message).

> Those that don't have a hobbie should return name|NULL|NULL. A hobbie
> that does'nt need equipment name|hobbie|NULL.

That's a good point.  Currently (both with and without my uncommitted
fix) you get *no* rows out from ExecTargetList if there are any Iters
that return empty result sets.  It might be more reasonable to treat an
empty result set as if it were NULL, which would give the behavior you
suggest.

This would be an easy change to my current patch, and I'm prepared to
make it before committing what I have, if people agree that that's a
more reasonable definition.  Comments?