Re: Problem with DATE

От Vinayak
Тема Re: Problem with DATE
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I tried to connect PostgreSQL using the version 2 protocol.
but the result showing the timezone part.
example:
2014-01-11 +05:30:00

PostgreSQL has TIMESTAMP and TIMESTAMPTZ type but in JAVA there is only
setTimestamp() and if we use protocolVersion "2" then the result showing the
time zone value.

Example:
For timestamp(without timezone):
java.sql.Timestamp  sqlDate = new java.sql.Timestamp(new
java.util.Date().getTime());
ps.setTimestamp(5, sqlDate);
Result:
2015-01-07 12:18:03.150000 +05:30:00

So I think instead of using protocolVersion "2" its better to typecast the
argument.

-----
Regards,
Vinayak,