Re: The IYYY mess again

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: The IYYY mess again
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Tom Lane-2 wrote
> In bug #12367
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/

> 20141229031218.8013.51171@.postgresql

> There is a warning against combining IYYY with MM/DD, but it's buried
> in trivia far down the page.

Can we move this warning/notice into code?  Basically warn/disallow
IYYY-MM-DD (and similar) as a valid format?

And why not make it an error.  If someone really needed to output mixed
modes they would be able to concatenate the two halves together to get the
desired result so it isn't like we are making it impossible to accomplish -
but the typical mistake goes away.

David J.