Re: CVS tip problems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CVS tip problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> The code we have appears to assume that the result will always be placed
>> in the user-supplied buffer, which is apparently NOT what the glibc
>> version does.

> What does "may, but need not, use the user-supplied buffer" supposed to
> mean in practical terms.  How do they expect us to use it?

AFAICS they expect you to use the function's return value.

The current PG code is really erroneous for *both* strerror_r specs,
since the SUS-spec version doesn't promise to put anything into the
buffer if it returns a failure code.  I think you will have to write
some autoconf code to detect which return type is provided, and do
the right things with the return value in both cases.