Re: warning about console code page on starting psql

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: warning about console code page on starting psql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Going from memory here but...

The window is which the command prompt appears is called the console.  When
you type psql at the command prompt you are now running a console
application in that same console.  You can have more than one running
console and each one is independent.  Any changes to the console, e.g. via
the "cmd.exe /c chcp 1252" command, only persist as long as that console
window remains open.  Going into and out of a console application should not
make a difference, only closing the actual window.  Same goes for the font -
it is a property of the console and not psql directly.

Since the database server uses the Windows code page you want your console
to match.  So given said warning you want to supply the current Windows
value to the chcp command.

The message and documentation could probably be improved though I'm not
positive what I am saying is 100% correct as I have never encountered this
problem - because I've never used psql on Windows...

David J.