Re: Dump comments on large objects in text mode

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Dump comments on large objects in text mode
Дата
Re: Dump comments on large objects in text mode  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@surnet.cl>)
Список pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@surnet.cl> writes:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 11:05:43PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> That's pretty icky :-(.  I think the right way is more like this.

> Wow, that's complex.  No wonder I wasn't able to come up with a patch to
> dump ALTER DATABASE commands some time ago.

The trick in hacking pg_dump is to understand which layer you need to
modify.  The whole thing seems overly complex to me :-( ... but
redesigning it is a project for another release cycle.

            regards, tom lane

(BTW: Alvaro, I've been having direct mail to you bounce lately ---
let's see if this goes through ...)

Сообщение: Re: Dump comments on large objects in text mode
Сообщение: Re: Dump comments on large objects in text mode