Re: Happy column adding (was RE: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Happy column adding (was RE: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com> writes:
> However, heap_getattr still won't see the default since it simply
> checks to see of the attribute number falls off the end of the
> tuple and then returns null.

Right.

> There's no provision for then pulling out the default value and
> returning it instead.

Would it even be possible to do that?  I'm not sure that heap_getattr
has any way to find the default.  It only has a TupleDesc, not a
reference to the relation itself...

Сообщение: Re: Happy column adding (was RE: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping)
Сообщение: Re: Happy column adding (was RE: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping)