Re: Compile 14.1 in EL5.8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Compile 14.1 in EL5.8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gabriela Serventi <gabrielaserventi@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi! I'm trying to compile release 14.1 in a very old Linux Server (Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8). I can run configure successfully, but
> when I try to run make, I get the following error:
> latch.c:85:26: error: sys/signalfd.h: No such file or directory

It looks like since 6a2a70a02, latch.c effectively uses HAVE_SYS_EPOLL_H
to decide whether it can include <sys/signalfd.h>, which seems not too
well thought out.  A proper fix will require another configure check,
but you could hack it by adding -DWAIT_USE_POLL to CPPFLAGS in
src/Makefile.global after running configure.

FWIW, EL5 is *ancient*.  You really oughta consider an update.