Re: BUG #12072: init script creates pid file with wrong owner

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: BUG #12072: init script creates pid file with wrong owner
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Wed, 2014-11-26 at 14:19 +0000, henrik-postgres@hswn.dk wrote:

> The /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.3 file created a PID file, but fails to
> make it owned by user 'postgres'.
>
> This means that using the "pg_ctl" command to restart Postgres fails,
> because user postgres cannot update the pid file (if you set
> external_pid_file in postgresql.conf so it can find the pid file).

I don't think that we designed the *init script* (kicked by init
subsystem) to be compatible with pg_ctl command (called by postgres
user). If you have an environment that requires a non-root user to
restart postgres, you can hack the init script and add a chown line
there.

That pid file is used by RHCS (IIRC), so I am not inclined to touch it.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ