Re: difficulties with time based queries

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: difficulties with time based queries
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

difficulties with time based queries  ("Rainer Mager", )
 Re: difficulties with time based queries  (David Wilson, )
  Re: difficulties with time based queries  ("Rainer Mager", )
   Re: difficulties with time based queries  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: difficulties with time based queries  ("Rainer Mager", )
     Re: difficulties with time based queries  (Robert Haas, )
   Re: difficulties with time based queries  (Matthew Wakeling, )
 Re: difficulties with time based queries  (PFC, )
 Re: difficulties with time based queries  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: difficulties with time based queries  ("Rainer Mager", )
  Re: difficulties with time based queries  (PFC, )
   Re: difficulties with time based queries  (Nikolas Everett, )

"Rainer Mager" <> writes:
> So, I need indices that make it fast querying against start_time as well as
> all possible combinations of channel, player, and ad.

There's some general principles in the manual --- have you read
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/indexes.html
especially 11.3 and 11.5?