Re[2]: [PERFORM] pgtune + configurations with 9.3

От Alexey Vasiliev
Тема Re[2]: [PERFORM] pgtune + configurations with 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Fri, 7 Nov 2014 14:13:20 +0000 от Shaun Thomas <sthomas@optionshouse.com>:
>> Yeah, pgTune is pretty badly out of date.  It's been on my TODO list, as
>> I'm sure it has been on Greg's.
>
>Yeah. And unfortunately the recommendations it gives have been spreading. Take a look at the online version:
>
>http://pgtune.leopard.in.ua/
>
>I entered a pretty typical 92GB system, and it recommended 23GB of shared buffers. I tried to tell the author the
performanceguidelines have since changed, but it didn't help.

Hello, author of http://pgtune.leopard.in.ua/ is here.

I think everyone can do pull request to it. Old one take 25% for shared_buffers and 75% for effective_cache_size. I
thinkI can even add selector with version of postgresql (9.0 - 9.4) and in this case change formulas for 9.4 (for
example).

But I don't know what type of calculation should be in this case. Does we have in some place this information? Or
someonecan provide it? Because this generator should be valid for most users.

Thanks.
---
Alexey Vasiliev

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Increased shared_buffer setting = lower hit ratio ?
От: Glyn Astill
Сообщение: Re: 9.0 performance degradation with kernel 3.11