Re: ingesting a large xml file and formatting it

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: ingesting a large xml file and formatting it
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
sam pendleton wrote
> Hi, I have a large XML file that I would like to put into a postgresql
> database. There are certain attributes about elements that aren't needed,
> so I would like to "pre-process" it, removing parts that aren't desired
> before storing the new row.
>
> What are some first steps in making this happen?

This a fairly vague question...can you be more specific about how you want
the process to look and what languages you are familiar with?

> Also, is there a term for "pre-processing data so that data being inserted
> into the database is consistent?"

Normalize, Standardize, or Transform;  the last being the most semantically
correct given that you are talking about XML.

David J.