Re: Patch: Don't set LoadedSSL unless secure_initialize succeeds

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch: Don't set LoadedSSL unless secure_initialize succeeds
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 22 May 2022, at 08:41, Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:
>> The initialization in PostmasterMain() blindly turns on LoadedSSL,
>> irrespective of the outcome of secure_initialize().

> This call is invoked with isServerStart set to true so any error in
> secure_initialize should error out with ereport FATAL (in be_tls_init()).  That
> could be explained in a comment though, which is currently isn't.

The comments for secure_initialize() and be_tls_init() both explain
this already.

It's not great that be_tls_init() implements two different error
handling behaviors, perhaps.  One could imagine separating those.
But we've pretty much bought into such messes with the very fact
that elog/ereport sometimes return and sometimes not.