How to start several PostgreSQL clusters at boot time on a Debian OS

От Léa Massiot
Тема How to start several PostgreSQL clusters at boot time on a Debian OS
Дата
Re: How to start several PostgreSQL clusters at boot time on a Debian OS  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello and thank you for reading my post.

My question is about starting PostgreSQL clusters at boot time.

The OS is Debian Wheezy.
I have installed PostgreSQL from the sources (postgresql-9.3.5.tar.gz) at
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v9.3.5/.

In a shell and logged as "unprivileged_user" (a user which is not "root"), I
presently have two clusters that I can start manually like this:
unprivileged_user> pg_ctl start -D /where/cluster1/is/located/pgcluster1 -l
/where/cluster1/is/located/pgcluster1.log
unprivileged_user> pg_ctl start -D /where/cluster2/is/located/pgcluster2 -l
/where/cluster2/is/located/pgcluster2.log

I would like to start the clusters at boot time and I would like them to be
started as the non-root user "unprivileged_user".
I would need a "/etc/init.d/" script...

Can you advise me how to do that?
Best regards.