Re: BDR Global Sequences

От pbj@cmicdo.com
Тема Re: BDR Global Sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Andres,

 > Hi,
 >
 > On 2014-09-29 13:52:52 -0700, pbj@cmicdo.com wrote:
 >> I have a question about BDR Global Sequences.

[deleted]
 >> Is there way to increase a global sequence's reservation block for each
 >> node so that I can tell the nodes, "I'm going to load 100M rows now so
 >> you should get ready for that."?
 >

 > Not yet, but we're planning to add that.

Good to hear.  In the meantime, is there something I can hack to force
the nodes to make a sequence allocation of my choosing (even if just
hardwired?)  I was playing with start_elections_sql where it says:

        generate_series(\n"
                current_max,\n"
                -- 1000 is the chunk size, -1 is to get < instead <= out of generate_series\n"
                current_max + 1000 * (5 - open_seq_chunks) - 1,\n"
                1000) chunk_start\n"

and hoping that bumping up the 1000 would help, but apparently not.

PJ