Re: BUG #4092: initdb fails if the xlog directory is the same as [pg_data]/pg_xlog

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4092: initdb fails if the xlog directory is the same as [pg_data]/pg_xlog
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan@gmail.com> writes:
> Submitted for your approval is a patch to src/bin/initdb/initdb.c that
> corrects this by looking at the errno generated from the symlink call. If
> it's EEXIST, that means that it tried to symlink pg_xlog to itself

That conclusion seems both a leap of logic, and unportable.  You might
get some other errno depending on the platform and filesystem.

> failed) and the existing pg_xlog directory remains. Basically, initdb runs
> as if it ignored -X and politely informs the user that the symlink failed.

I don't really concur that ignoring a bogus switch specification is
a good idea.