Re: Unable to connect remotely to postgres db server

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: Unable to connect remotely to postgres db server
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Kevin Struckhoff wrote
> Hello,
>
> I'm having trouble connecting to my postgres db server from my pgAdmin
> desktop app which has a current dhcp IP number of 192.168.xxx.148. It was
> at
> 192.168.xxx.107 earlier today before I rebooted my pc.
>
> I figured out to handle my server ip number which has segment 4 > 128 by
> using 'samehost' as the address entry.

So I'm not sure what you mean by this...

> So how do i configure pg_hba.conf for my pc to connect?

So, how do you have it configured currently and what do you want to have be
allowed?

The documentation is pretty good at telling you how to accomplish something
- you should focus on communicating your goal.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

host    all        all             192.168.xxx.148/32        md5

The above works - at least until you next get a new ip addressed assigned by
your DHCP server...

David J.