Re: BUG #17233: Incorrect behavior of DELETE command with bad subquery in WHERE clause

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17233: Incorrect behavior of DELETE command with bad subquery in WHERE clause
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I was actually wondering why the error wasn’t an ambiguous column name
> error.  For a pure select query we already allow duplicate column names in
> the result.

To get an "ambiguous column name" error, there'd need to be multiple
*accessible* names, not multiple inaccessible ones.  Although I concede
your point that maybe we could adjust the "does not exist" phraseology
too.  Maybe something like "column foo is not available"?