Re: Remove name as valid parameter for catalog functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove name as valid parameter for catalog functions
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> On 7 March 2011 23:30, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Maybe we could say "the name or OID of a table", or some such phrase,
>> so as to subtly avoid the expectation that what is being referred to
>> is the datatype named "name"?

> Yes, that would remove the ambiguity. :)

That wording turned out not to work well in context, at least not
without major surgery on the containing sentences.  I decided that
the best way was to just say "specified table" in the function tables,
and then borrow the paragraph that explains about regclass
arguments from the sequence-functions page.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=cfcdc99db67172d46a5e226375fa97e5c5a62267