Re: pg_dump of partitioned table not working.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_dump of partitioned table not working.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/2/20 4:38 PM, Ron wrote:
> On 12/2/20 6:21 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

>>> While I could have shown the exact psql commands
>>> (/usr/lib/postgresql/12/bin/psql -p5433) it wasn't necessary.
>>
>> From the POV of the mailing list participants it was necessary as the
>> below constitutes hidden information we didn't have access to. When
>> presenting a issue explicit is better then implicit. I cannot count
>> the number of times issues where solved on this list when someone got
>> around to asking for a explicit command.
>
> Shame on me for assuming, based on the explicit pg_dump command in the
> example.

The implied part was this:

postgres=# \d+ measurement

There was no indication of how you got there. You knew but we didn't and
given how many times it has happened that folks where looking at one
instance in one part of their problem report and another instance in
separate part of the report it is only prudent to ask.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump of partitioned table not working.
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump of partitioned table not working.