Re: libpq.a in a universal binary

От Ted Petrosky
Тема Re: libpq.a in a universal binary
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks for the reply.... at last nights cocoahead meeting in NYC I
asked and found a solution for libpq.a.

1. config and make on a ppc
2. config and make on intel

copy and rename the libpq.a from each system to a common directory
and run 'lipo' on them:

lipo libpqppc.a libpqintel.a -output libpq.a

lipo will create the universal binary

man lipo:

LIPO
(1)
LIPO(1)

NAME       lipo - create or operate on universal files

SYNOPSIS       lipo  [-info]  [-detailed_info]  [-arch  arch_type
input_file]  ...  [       input_file] ...  [-arch_blank arch_type]  [-create]  [-thin
arch_type]       [-replace  arch_type  filename] ...  [-remove arch_type] ...
[-extract       arch_type] ...  [-extract_family arch_type] ...  [-output
output_file]       [-segalign arch_type value] ...

DESCRIPTION       The  lipo command creates or operates on ``universal'' (multi-
architec-       ture) files.  It only ever produces one output file, and
never  alters       the  input  file.   The  operations that lipo performs are:
listing the       architecture types in a universal file;  creating  a  single
universal       file from one or more input files; thinning out a single
universal file       to one specified architecture type; and extracting,
replacing,  and/or       removing architectures types from the input file to create a
single new       universal output file.