Re: Storing Large Objects

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Storing Large Objects
Дата
Debian stable, was Re: Storing Large Objects  (Gordon Haverland <ghaverla@shaw.ca>)
Список pgsql-novice
brew@theMode.com writes:
> I'm using Debian Stable which has postgreSQL 7.2.1 and PHP 4.1.2 which so
> far has been working fine with my small text databases, but I suspect if I
> want to consider large objects I should really upgrade, eh?

[ jaw drops... ]  Debian Stable is shipping 7.2.**1**?

You might want to get yourself a more responsibly managed distro.
I won't necessarily argue with someone's decision to stick on the
7.2 major release, but not to adopt 7.2.* bug fixes is mere insanity.
7.2.1 was released more than three years ago and has multiple known
data-loss and security issues.