Re: BUG #11130: Case condition error

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #11130: Case condition error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
David G Johnston wrote

>>> mozsar.laszlo@

>>> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.4
>>> Operating system:   Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
>>>
>>> The "is null" contition on a date field returns wrong result. I can't
>>> reproduce this with a test table. My tables contains personal and
>>> business
>>> informations, so I can't send a full log with datas.
>>> (I used reindex and vacuum before submitting this report.)
>> Cannot test myself at the moment but is it that your attempt at a test
>> case didn't fail or that you didn't attempt a self-contained test case?
>>
>> If, on the same database, you cannot reproduce the error with a minimal
>> test case then something about the specific tables and queries is wrong
>> and you (since you cannot share) need to figure out what that is.  Even
>> if you cannot share the data sharing the schema will let others try to
>> see whatever it is you may be missing.
>>
>> David J.
> And yes I see you shared a schema but nothing about it looks wrong so with
> additional info is needed or you are showing what you think is the schema
> while what is actually in production is different.  There are only a
> couple of relevant fields so if you can even so a subset of the data that
> would probably help.
>
> David J.

Actually, upon further review...

I suspect your problem is with "lajarat_tipus"

This is a char(1) field that you likely are interpreting as null what is
actually a blank/space and so the first when is false as is the second (not
L) and so the else matches.

I do not use char so am not that knowledgable as to its nuances with respect
to padding spaces.

David J.