Re: Fwd: Downloading postgresql jdbc jar impossible

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: Fwd: Downloading postgresql jdbc jar impossible
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Henrik Feldt wrote
> Hi PG support,
>=20
> Contrary to Alina, we've had a lot of problems with your site (see
> mailconversation). Over the course of more than half a year and different
> computers, we've had problems downloading this file (or earlier versions
> of it).
>=20
> Regards,
> Henrik
>=20
> Begin forwarded message:
>=20
> From: Alina Mishina <

> teamcity-feedback@

> <mailto:

> teamcity-feedback@

> Subject: Re: Downloading postgresql jdbc jar impossible
> Date: 6 augusti 2014 16:11:40 CEST
> To: Henrik Feldt <

> Henrik.Feldt@

> <mailto:

> Henrik.Feldt@

>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> This link works good for me and and we do not received any complaints. We
> could not include these driver jars inside TeamCity or give alternative
> links due to licensing terms. Please contact PostgreSQL technical
> support<http://www.postgresql.org/support/>.
> I have attached the requested file.
>=20
>=20
> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Henrik Feldt <

> Henrik.Feldt@

> <mailto:

> Henrik.Feldt@

> >> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Your recommendation to download from postgresql's site doesn't work=E2=80=
=A6
>=20
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.3-1102.jdbc41.jar
>=20
> Try it yourself, it never responds with the full file. Also it's
> unencrypted.
>=20
> It would be good if you provide an alternative place to download from so
> that your CI product is usable with a database.
>=20
> Regards,
> Henrik

WRT encryption - I'm not that it is necessary but I will agree that
providing a file checksum would be nice.

I have to imagine that if the problem with the file download was on our
server considerably more reports would have come in by now...and at least o=
the public mailing list this is the first that I have seen.  I could see a
problem with the build but a partial download makes little sense.  Though
out of curiosity have you tried obtaining the Maven artifact?

You mention different computers but if you are always on the same network
which computer you use likely will not matter.  Have you tried one or more
home computers and experienced the same problem on those?

Are you being routed through a corporate proxy?

Where are you trying to download from?

What is the file size, and md5 checksum, of the file you end up downloading=
?
Is it the same across all of your attempts?

David J.