Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Configurable file mode mask

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Configurable file mode mask
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
... oh, and now that I've actually looked at the patch, I think it's
a seriously bad idea to proceed by removing the mode parameter to
PathNameOpenFile et al.  That's basically doubling down on an assumption
that there are NO places in the backend, and never will be any, in which
we want to create files with nondefault permissions.  That assumption
seems broken on its face.  It also makes the patch exceedingly invasive
for extensions.