Re: Unifying the spec files?

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: Unifying the spec files?
Дата
Re: Unifying the spec files?  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
On Wed, 2014-07-30 at 13:37 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Take a look at the attached, which is a first cut unification attempt.
> I'm going to do mock builds and test installs for each arch now, but
> figured I'd send it for comment as well.

Thanks ;) This is *really* great work!

I built the packages on Fedora 20. Here are some initial comments:

============
# It should be supplied externally from mock/koju, rpmbuild macros, etc.
s/koju/koji
============

============
$ rpm -qp --scripts postgresql94-server-9.4beta2-3PGDG.f20.x86_64.rpm |grep postgresql94
    /bin/systemctl --no-reload disable postgresql94-9.4.service >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
    /bin/systemctl stop postgresql94-9.4.service >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
    /bin/systemctl try-restart postgresql94-9.4.service >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

* Unit file name is postgresql-9.4.service.
* I think using /usr/bin/systemctl would be much better.
============

============
While working on it, can you please get rid of %kerbdir variable?
Currently:
%{!?kerbdir:%define kerbdir "/usr"}
    --with-includes=%{kerbdir}/include \
    --with-libraries=%{kerbdir}/%{_lib} \

If we remove them, it will be
    --with-includes=%{_includedir} \
    --with-libraries=%{_libdir} \
============

============
In line 80 it says:
%if  0%{?rhel} >= 7 || 0%{?fedora}

Let's change it to

%if  0%{?rhel} >= 7 || 0%{?fedora} => 19

for consistency.
=============

=============
While working on it can you please change

BuildRequires:  perl(ExtUtils::MakeMaker)
BuildRequires:  perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker

for cosmetic reasons :-)
=============

> I've versioned the Provides:

I am not whether this is right or not. OS-related packages may be
broken, since we supply versioned Provides... Did you try installing
libreoffice, for example?

> and made some other rpmlint fixes while I was at it.

Thanks!

> I'd also like to parameterise the package basename ("postgresql") to
> allow variants that still have "Provides: postgresql" and "Provides:
> postgresql-%{majorversion}" but live in a separate datadir. The
> immediate reason is to permit me to package BDR, which is 9.4 but has
> a few catalog changes that mean it can't run from a straight 9.4
> datadir, without stomping on PGDG packages and without the need to
> rebuild all the dependencies. Thoughts?

Can you please explain this more briefly?

Regards,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Вложения