Re: Unifying the spec files?

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: Unifying the spec files?
Дата
Re: Unifying the spec files?  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Craig,

On Tue, 2014-07-29 at 09:46 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> While looking over the spec files for the releases I noticed that the
> _vast_ majority of content is the same for each spec.
>
> Where differences exist it isn't always clear why. For example, EL-7
> seems to generate an init script differently to EL-6,

EL-7 does not have init script ;) It uses systemd'd unit file.
Basically, right now EL-5 and EL-6 is one group, and EL-7,F-19 and F-20
are another group when it comes to features/init scripts, etc.

> and the EL-7 packages have postgres_fdw and sepgsql but EL-6 doesn't.

AFAICS EL-6 has postgres_fdw, too.

The selinux-devel version is EL-6 does not satisfy the needs for sepgsql
module. That is the reason why we don't build it there. There are slight
other differences IIRC.

> I'm a little curious about why the spec files seem to be copied and
> edited, rather than having a single spec for the package across all
> supported versions and using conditionals. I'm sure you've thought of
> that, so there'll be good reasons - did you try this and run into
> issues?

I have tried this *years* ago, but it did not work, since some
conditionals did not work across distros.

I just looked at a few spec files in Fedora/EPEL, and it seems that
issue has been fixed now.

> If I prep a unified spec for postgresql would you be willing to review
> and give it a go?

Of course, appreciated. Please let me know if you need help.

Thanks!

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ