Re: elog(DEBUG2 in SpinLocked section.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: elog(DEBUG2 in SpinLocked section.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I experimented with making the compiler warn about about some of these
> kinds of mistakes without needing full test coverage:

> I was able to get clang to warn about things like using palloc in signal
> handlers, or using palloc while holding a spinlock. Which would be
> great, except that it doesn't warn when there's an un-annotated
> intermediary function. Even when that function is in the same TU.

Hm.  Couldn't we make "calling an un-annotated function" be a violation
in itself?  Certainly in the case of spinlocks, what we want is pretty
nearly a total ban on calling anything at all.  I wouldn't cry too hard
about having a similar policy for signal handlers.  (The postmaster's
handlers would have to be an exception for now.)