Re: initdb -E UTF-8 postgres ..\data fails

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: initdb -E UTF-8 postgres ..\data fails
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
OLIVER, Michael N. wrote
> Following your installation tutorial on Windows 7 64bit.
>
> The error says too many command-line arguments...
>
> But I believe the error should be database already exists.

You might want to link to the document you are referring to.

Initdb only takes a single argument <directory>.  You have provided two:
"postgres" and "..\data"

It doesn't get far enough to check for an existing database since you messed
up the command itself.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/app-initdb.html

David J.