Re: listening addresses

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: listening addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Second attempt attached. The fatal message now reads "no configured
> listening socket available", but I am not wedded to the wording. I also
> was not sure how to mark up * in the docs.

Reviewed and committed.

I found a bunch more references in the docs to the postmaster -i and -h
switches, and I'm far from sure we've hit them all yet; anyone want to
make another pass to check?

Code-wise it looked great, except that you need to remember to cast the
argument of isspace() to unsigned char; on most machines with signed
chars, failing to do this causes big trouble for 8th-bit-set characters.

I went with "no socket configured to listen on" for the failure message,
but am not wedded to that either.